[Gpdd] HEALTH: The risk of a ruptured caecum

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 12 21:59:06 EDT 2009

Just talked with Hershey's vet. X-rays showed that Hershey's gut is very distended, but the caecum in particular is at risk of rupture. Dark droppings are probably due to the mucosal lining being overstretched. Pain meds are helping somewhat, and she's eaten a little hay. Droppings are few and small. She did offer the option of surgery if it should rupture, but advised me that there's an eighty to ninety percent failure rate. I won't put my little one through that much trauma, not when the alternative is the beautiful Rainbow Bridge. It's going to be a long night. Keep on praying.
Thanks,
Joanie