[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Emergency! Hershey is hospitalized.

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Sun Sep 13 15:03:30 EDT 2009

Dear Joanie,

We at Piggyville are praying for you and your family and Hershey. You
are doing the best thing for her to keep her in the hospital. There they
can put an I.V. into the saphenous vein of her front leg and give most
of the medication through a port in the I. V.. The remainder of the
medication can be given orally. It is very important that Hershey remain
pain free. I totally agree with you that if her ceacum ruptures that she
should be helped over the Rainbow Bridge. I have done hundreds of
necrospsies. The pathologists and vets have not always been able to find
the cause of an illness or obstruction. Even Vedra Stanley-Spatcher and
Peter Gurney told me many years ago that we can not save every piggy nor
find out the cause of every illness. We can only do our best. Hershey is
certainly in the best of hands because her mommy is by her side and
loves her dearly. My heart aches for you.

Sincerely,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA.