[Gpdd] HEALTH: Hershey's saga continues

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 13 22:03:30 EDT 2009

Thank you all so much for your words of advice and encouragement. Hershey and I are overwhelmingly loved by all our friends the world over, and I sure do appreciate each and every one of you!!!
The vet tech called this morning to tell me that Hershey had generated some big poops over the night and had eaten a little lettuce. The little squealer also fought the tech's attempts to bathe her little hiney, which had gotten soiled. Shows the level of care she's receiving, and that Hershey's got some fight left in her.
The vet called this afternoon. The droppings are tapering off again. She and I will talk tomorrow morning. I'm afraid I'll be making THE decision then. Oh, please pray I'll make a decision I won't regret.
I hate being a grown up some days. We've already invested over six hundred dollars in her hospitalization. My husband's been with me up to this point, but I know he'll be drawing the line soon. He does have the rest of us to look out for, after all. I don't want to make a decision based on monetary concerns, even though these are tough times. Perhaps if the prognosis looked reasonable, he might be comfortable with another day in the hospital??
The main thing is I don't want Hershey to suffer if it's unlikely that she survive. But how to know that likelihood, I can only count on the vet's prognosis and my maternal intuition.
Pray.
Thanks ever so much. We know we are covered with your love. It helps.

Joanie