[Gpdd] (Virtual) Piggy Pirates

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Mon Sep 14 13:26:27 EDT 2009

Hi Penny, and all.   The Piggy Pirates are still spending huge amounts of
time on their ship the Black Pearl, Alge's pigs and my Shipwreck Sam and his
lady love Jodie take turns captaining the ship so each crew can get some
home time.  Alge and I both have had a rough summer health and energy wise
and we have not been able to report on the Piggy Memorial Service that would
honor departed human and piggy loves but it remains on top of our
in-baskets. The main problem was that my printer was down for the month the
pirate adventure started so I didn't have a list of the piggies on board. I
do have a list of the piggies to be honored but it probably needs to updated
due to the lateness of the ceremony itself and additional trips to the
Rainbow Bridge.  My Sammy loves this sailing life so much I have to beg him
to check in so he condescends to visit me frequently and sneaks off when I
sleep. He is determined to continue sailing  working on his ocean and sea
life activism projects with his lady Jodie and her sister Pegleg Peaches.
The three are a virulent force for good but they call on Agents Fugly and
Igor when they require professional help and the Captain Jack and Barnacle
Bill pitch in when even more muscle is needed and they can get an alternate
to Captain the ship. And that's how the summer has gone, piggies coming and
going constantly as they can get away, thanks to PigAir's upgraded service
which now includes helicopter and balloon service right to the ship. Many
pigs come on and off for a single watch and are back home before their
parent slaves miss them. I think this alternate lifestyle is very healthy
for them, in fact I'm kind of jealous, and I encourage anyone who does get
to hear  their piggie's stories to go ahead and do a quick write up and let
us know what's up on the Pearl.  I'm concerned for them as they have dodged
several hurricanes and tropical storms as they criss-cross the Caribbean,
they may get caught in one, but at least by now they are all an experienced
well oiled team and can run that ship expertly. So the Pearl will sail on
indefinitely and even plans its ports-of-call based on the crew requests.
Sam is determined to remain until he and Jodie receive her parents blessing
for marriage, but even after that the Pearl would most likely be thier
matrimonial home as neither wants to leave their parents home permanently
That's our story and we are sticking with it, Sandy and Shipwreck Sam