[Gpdd] PIGNIC: Boston area

Dee and Joe joedee1986 at verizon.net
Mon Sep 14 18:33:28 EDT 2009

BOSTON AREA PIGNIC

DATE : Sunday, 27 September

Coordinator Tammy Rao (CavyMadness), and Sally Hurley

location Wellesley Town Hall lawn ("the bowl"), Wellesley MA. Parking is in the Town Hall parking lot, directly across the street from the Library. (The town of Wellesley does not treat their grass. This link explains the town's policies on pesticides and treatments.)

time 12 PM to 4 PM
rain plans NO RAIN DATE.

activities/
bring:  Come and meet your pig-loving neighbors! No alcohol allowed, and restrooms are at a nearby Peet's Coffee. Bring your own pen if you do not wish to put your pig(s) in the large community pens. Bring blankets and chairs, and keep in mind we have some new rules for our growing Pignic: you must check in with one of the Experts to make sure your pig(s) are free of lice or mites, and please refrain from picking up pigs without speaking with their owner first.

directions 525 Washington Street, Wellesley, MA 02482

we are in the grassy area next to the Town Hall building in Wellesley. There is parking right next to the building, and the commuter rail is next to us as well. Coffeeshops and pizza places are nearby.

via T: Commuter Rail to Wellesley Square. Head toward the post office, and the Town Hall is a large pink-stone building to your left.  We will gather in the shady area with a large depression (its called "the bowl").  Its hard to miss...

via car: Directions are available at the Wellesley City Website. Parking is available. From Route 16 west, turn into the Town Hall drive, and park on the far side of Town Hall. Directly in front of you will be a large grassy area, with a huge bowl formation.

Dee