[Gpdd] [GPDD] MISC: THANK YOU from BG

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Tue Sep 15 09:14:32 EDT 2009

Dear all

I want to say a very humble thank you to all of you who sent their
condolences after BG passed away last Wednesday.  Around 20 of you sent
messages.  It's been over-whelming and I've been in floods of tears reading
your kind words.

I don't feel able to give a whole story about BG and his brother Artie just
yet.  But here is one little piece that happened so much between them, they
were such close buddies:

BG used to have this affectionate way of nuzzling in Artie's ear and
cleaning it, and then, because he always maintained a tough guy image (he
was definietly boss), he would finish by nipping Artie on the ear and
legging it.  He couldn't be seen to be looking soft (but he adored Artie).

I will miss them both for the rest of my life.  I want something positive to
come out of their lives, so I am thinking about training to learn to cut a
guinea pigs teeth, so I can help other piggies in need.  It's not much to
contribute, but it seems to be such a common problem and vets here in the UK
just won't do it without the general aneaesthic.

Thank you again.  I am deeply moved to have such good friends.

Carole