[Gpdd] misc; Bedding

M mfug at live.co.uk
Tue Sep 15 14:47:01 EDT 2009

Hi Jocelyn, I have my boys on towel and fleece the start up cost can be expensive depending what towels/ fleece you buy but once you are set up it is cost effective.

You have a fleece layer on top as this lets the urine soak away and then towel layer underneath as this absorbs the urine and stops it coming back up again (nice)

We were worried about the boys getting under the fleece so my wonderful Ma in Law sewed the fleece onto the towels round the edges we have 2 squares that together cover the whole cage, this means each night I can change one half totally the other half I just shake the poops off and change the paper underneath.

Once a week (Saturday I have no social life lol) I change the cage totally hoover out stray poops and clean with antibac cleaner.

The only problem is you need to to hoover the mats before putting them in the washing machine it can be time consuming.

Just another option for you