[Gpdd] CARE: fleece bedding

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 16 13:45:45 EDT 2009

What works really well to remove poop and hair from the fleece is a rubber pet brush (available through Amazon.com) that has been moistened. Much quicker than the vacuum, and pulls the embedded hair out of the fleece much more easily.
I really like the fleece. I wash it in unscented detergent and apple vinegar, and it comes out smelly like grassy apples.
I think Hershey likes it, too. It provides a stable walking surface. The other stuff, her feet sink into at first, like running in sand.
And, hey, the money I save on bedding can be dedicated to vet bills.
Joanie