[Gpdd] CARE Bedding

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Thu Sep 17 14:12:26 EDT 2009

The Piggyfriends do not have cages but live in large pens, lined with newspaper and covered in hay so I do not use the same kind of bedding material that has been discussed.

I use VetBed for my invalids or elderly piggies that do not move around much as it draws urine away from the piggy into the newspaper beneath.

For my fancy mice, the best bedding that I have found in England is called Back-2-nature, which originated in Australia. The odour suppressing element is outstanding and it is made of 99% recycled material. Even the paper sack that it comes in ends up on my compost heap along with the used bedding.

I see from their website  http://www.fibrecycle.com/  that it is available internationally but I have no idea of the cost involved.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.