[Gpdd] MISC Welcome new piggies

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Fri Sep 18 08:08:46 EDT 2009

Grace,

Welcome to your two new piggies!

I always deliberate long and hard over the naming of new piggies. Names are so important.

Years ago I had two black Piggyfriend sisters called Magic and Molly. Magic from the box of chocolates called Black Magic and Molly from the tropical fish called Black Mollies.

There was also Bramble, which is what we call blackberries in England - I don't know if that is worldwide. She arrived here at bramble picking season with her black and brown sister, whom I called Bracken. Or Blackberry itself of course.

I have two black boars called Midnight and Shadow.

I like Glenys' name of Onyx for one of her girls and I also like Obsidian but I think that is more for a boar as it is a tough sounding name.

My Rodentologists have two black rexes, mother and daughter. Mother is called Aubergine and daughter is Damson. I thought that Aubergine was a clever name to choose as piggies are just the same shape as an aubergine, which I believe is called eggplant in other countries.

How about Ebony?

Do let us know which name you choose.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.