[Gpdd] HEALTH: Colic drops for gassy pigs

bunsnpigs at aol.com bunsnpigs at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 12:53:11 EDT 2009

Penny, I was so excited to find?Gripe Water?at my health food store! I now use it as well. Peter Gurney was the first one to recommend it, and yes, I always thought it had a weird name! It does appear to work well. I also use the simethicone drops. We get it here in the pharmacy and it is called Baby Mylicon.

Judi L.

Penny wrote:

I know that the meds that we can buy vary enormously between our respective
countries but in England, I always used to give gassy piggies 2 or 3 mls of baby
gripe water.

Overseas members will probably be saying what the heck is that. It is made using
the herb dill and was widely used for babes in England. One of my sons got
through bottles of it as a babe but now we have the baby colic drops, I keep one
called Infacol in the piggy first aid box. It is based on simeticone ( different
spelling to the US ingredient but probably the same thing ).

The piggy dose of this remedy is 1ml. and it can be repeated during the day.
Roscoe had a nasty tummy upset recently and can testify to its efficacy.

Penny and the Piggyfriends, paws still crossed for Hershey.