[Gpdd] HEALTH: Hershey's latest crisis

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 21 21:12:12 EDT 2009

We were enjoying cuddle time together, when she laid on her side and kind of wiggled as if preparing for a nap. I was delighted to have attained that level of trust. It soon became apparent though that she couldn't stand upright. Her limbs are strong but uncoordinated. She was making frustrated noises and struggling to get control of her legs. I put her lower body in lukewarm water, fearing heat stroke. It was 85 degrees Farenheit (our air conditoner broke), just hot enough to cause problems, though she's used to around 83 degrees on occasion. I noticed upward beating nystagmus (jerky eye movements, up and down), which would indicate her balance mechanism is malfunctioning. She doesn't seem to lie on one side or the other. She's scared. I'm scared. Does anyone have any suggestions or hope to offer?
Devastatedly,
Joanie