[Gpdd] MISC: Snowy Bear and me

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 03:51:00 EDT 2009

Hello everyone and everypig.  Two months EXACTLY after losing my precious Snowy Bear, my husband called an ambulance for me in the early morning hours.  I couldn't stand up, I couldn't walk, I would fall right over.  When the paramedics came they said my heart rate was 160, my blood sugar was 300, my blood pressure was extremely low.  I had been feeling 'tired' for a few days.  After being in the ER for about twelve hours, and having numerous tests done on me, I asked if I could go home.  But then people started to rush all around me.  I was puzzled but they told me, we're prepping you for surgery.  Of course I was terrified.  The nurse said you're sicker than you think.  Long story short, the surgeon told me that if I had gone into the ER just a few hours later, I wouldn't be here today.  I had a kidney stone blockage so the surgery was to put a stent into my bladder and kidney so that my kidney could empty.  It had backed things up into my
 blood and poisoned my blood.  So I was bombarded with antibiotics and blood pressure medicines and treated for diabetes and a whole bunch of other stuffs.  I was in the ICU for awhile, then moved to the hospital.  I was happy when I could come home.  Then three weeks later, I had to go back into surgery to have the blocking kidney stone removed (it had been embedded) from my ureter and also the stent.

The ironic part is that Snowy Bear had something similar.  Except it was a bladder stone in his urethra.  He couldn't pee but I could pee.  While in the ER and they're sticking me with all sorts of things, one part that made me smile is when they were trying to poke me and one nurse said, you have thick skin.  Made me remember this vet saying that guinea pigs have thick skin.  And to have a condition similar to Snowy Bear's was uncanny.  I figured my little boy suffered so much, I shouldn't even whimper for all the things I'm going through.  I really wish I could have taken his pain.

For my recent surgery, my parents stayed with us to take care of me and they did an excellent job.

I'm still weak and have a long road to recovery but all I can say is, I really really needed my little huggie piggie, my little Snowy Bear.  So it's made it a bit more difficult to recuperate but I know he's looking after me and I love him for that.  I always will.

I love you Snowy Bear!!!!

Love, mommy Corrine