[Gpdd] MISC: Off Topic: My Foster Bunny

dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 14:04:40 EDT 2009

My beautiful "foster" bunny, BELLA, died this morning.
I'm so shocked.
At 1am I checked on her and the piggies and all was fine.
Bella had full roam of the pet room so she came up to me
and wanted to play.  At 7am I went in and she laid dying
on the floor!
I called my vet and got in as an emergency.  Dr. K. didn't
think she'd make it and had NO idea what happened.
Bella looked just as shiny and perfect as always.
I had agreed to xrays, IVs, tests, etc., but Bella died right
there.
I am heartbroken.
I gave permission to the vet to take x-rays and do an
autopsy to learn the WHY of this if she wanted and she did.
I just got a call:
Bella was perfect in every single way except one:
a small part of her intestines appeared diseased/inflamed.
The vet believes that bacteria/toxins entered her blood stream
and put Bella into shock.
She speculates that maybe her intestines twisted and then
untwisted, damaging them.  She couldn't tell me anything
more.
Please say a little prayer for Bella.  She was only 2 years old.
I loved her so much and my heart hurts so badly...this comes
just 6 weeks after losing my dog, Becky.
Thanks for listening,
Joanne
and her NY herd of 6

 "Folk will know how large your soul is,