[Gpdd] HEALTH: Hershey's clogged

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 25 12:47:10 EDT 2009

This morning Hersh was very noisy, as she was yesterday, but she didn't want to eat. It finally occurred to me that some water might help, which is, indeed what she wanted, and she drank most of the morning. I didn't think she'd need it, as the water in her drinking tubes was lowering, but I suspect she's still not drinking efficiently and that most of it went to waste. She certainly was giving it a try! She sure is efficient with the syringe. I feel terribly for not syringing her yesterday. Now we're back to no droppings. Augh! If only...
We had such a fun day yesterday. She learned how to eat through the cage bars, which she did all morning. There was lots of excited squeaking and even some bounding (not popcorning) over her sleeping bag. We were both so happy. If only...
I'm waiting for the vet to call. I'm pretty sure we'll be visiting her office again for some subcu fluids. I also need to know if I'm to discontinue the metacam, which can affect the gut. I wish I could give her greens, but I'm waiting an okay for that, too.
Her neuro symptoms are barely visible now, but the one time I saw her drink, it was still pretty sloppy. I should've paid more attention. If only...
Joanie