[Gpdd] HEALTH- e.c.?

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Fri Sep 25 22:53:24 EDT 2009

Thank you, they are not treated the same though, meds are different, dont ever use Penicillin in a piggie for instance. As far as we know today e.c. is rare in piggies, but those thoughts I had at the end the article lead me think maybe it's not as rare as we thought. Every thing has to be checked against Guinealynx and exotics vets who know piggies. There are some piggie texts out there, expensive. But the same diseases can hit both types, so they have to be dealt with. Also remember there is strong thinking that G.P's are further apart genetically than was believed all these years. Hershey's whole episode shows how important exotics vets are and how important our group is.
Sandy and Shipwreck Sam