[Gpdd] Gpdd (MISC) [Bedding], [England]

ellen garrison elmga at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 26 13:12:28 EDT 2009

The piggies I am slave to, sometimes use fleece with towels.. i just use thin fleece baby blankets and sometimes cut them so it is less to wash.

Fleece is good as it seems to wick moisture away, hence the towels and newspapers underneath.

I use the store-type beddings i mentioned before. Not ever sawdust nor cedar, those are not good for the piggies.

I have only had piggies for 5 years, starting with just one.  So i do not have a lot of piggie experience nor am I very "cavy savy".

Thank you to all of you for the wonderful information.

By the way, Penny, where you live it sounds gorgeous.  I so want to visit England, but with 10 piggies it's hard to get them in good hands with care taking.  There is a good place but I have to drive them there and plus there is the bunny.  So we just hang out here in lovely Maui, despite all the traffic, etc. and enjoy our little apartment! There is also a nice pool and the beach which I sometimes go to...

Consequently...I do about 15 loads of guinea pig laundry each wheeeek!

I tried apple cider vinegar with just nicely scented liquid detergent and double rinsed.  I have to use a dryer, so the hair and stuff left in tyhe wash ---most of it gets pulled out.  Oh, I have used all types of things for their bedding--clean rags, old blankets, some I even end up throwing away at their demise.

I am jumping around but it's hard to remember everything---I am tired, so, farewell for now....

Aoha,

Ellen and the ten