[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Lujan Zoo petition

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Sat Sep 26 18:19:15 EDT 2009

Dear all

Some of you will have read a similar email to this already, but for those
who may have missed it, I have recently created a petition on the Care2
petition website for the poor animals of Lujan Zoo.  I had wanted to do this
when the news first hit a few weeks ago in the UK press, but then my poor
Artie became unwell, and everything had to take a back seat while I cared
for him (he sadly died).

Basically, visitors (including children) are allowed into the animal cages
to have their photos taken with them. This includes prediator animals such
as lions, tigers and cheetahs. Sooner or later, there's going to be a
terrible accident, and it will be the poor animals that pay the ultimate
price. There are suggestions they are being repeatedly sedated.

Please take a few seconds to sign to ask that an investigation is launched
into the zoo, and that the animals receive far greater treatment and
respect.

PLEASE also tell your friends and family about the petition as well, as I
really do need to spread the word.  There is the option to do this, once
you've signed the petition, when another screen will appear.

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards   Carole

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/Lujan-Zoo-petition