[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: very belated condolences, Scampi, Mickey, and Scrumpy

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Sun Sep 27 15:56:57 EDT 2009

Stefanie and the Surrey Squeakers, we apologize for being so woefully behind in sending condolences on the passings of Scampi, Mickey, and Scrumpy.  Yes, if you have many piggies, there are bound to be times when two or three of them leave for the Bridge all at once.  We are so very sorry that this happened, although we are glad that you had returned from vacation and were able to say goodbye before they made their final journeys.  It is great, too, that they were all older piggies -- amazing that Mickey was more than seven and Scrumpy was somewhere between six and eight; as you said, she probably set a record for a satin, and it is so good to hear that she never had OD.  Thank you for sharing some of your memories of them.  Scampi was so lucky not only to be one of Peter Gurney's piggies but then to go on to have a wonderful life with your family.  How sad that Mickey's family couldn't take him to Australia when they emigrated, but how great that you were able to take him in.  So sweet to hear, too, of how lovely Scrumpy's hair looked in the sunshine.  Please know that they thoroughly enjoyed every day with you and knew how much you loved them.

Sadly,
Cindy, Tumbleweed, and Friday