[Gpdd] HEALTH: Farewell to Hershey and hello to disinfectants

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 27 20:17:12 EDT 2009

I'll write more on her departure when I'm able.
Meanwhile, there's an urgent issue: How to protect my baby Puff from the E(vil) cuniculi which probably took Hershey's life. She's in my bedroom, but her hay's in the cabinet below the bun's cage. I'm thinking I should retire Hershey's flannel and towels.
What should I use to sterilize the cage for future use?? With my birds I used a one to ten ration of chlorox and water, but this could be a different kind of thing. Fortunately, Puffy's been in a separate cage, so she has some safety in that. I'll be feeding her from a new bag until I know what's safe for her. She's a cutie, much feistier than her predecessors, and promises to be an adventure.
I'd like to have a titre done on the Bun, but then arises the question of what to do with her if she's overwhelmingly positive.
Sigh.
Tearfully,
Joanie