[Gpdd] HEALTH: Farewell to Hershey and hello to disinfectants

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Tue Sep 29 20:02:01 EDT 2009

After weaning I would think. Guinealynx.info recommends after the piggy
reaches 12 oz or 340 gm.  Remember whee need to give them 2 courses each 7
to 10 days apart. The dose is 0.2mg/kg Be sure its done by an injection by
the vet as they are so tiny an overdose could be fatal.
With overdose they get cold, lose vision and cant walk. if you see these
symptoms wrap in a towel and keep him with you till it passes. If it's bad
you will have to feed and water  yourself or go to the vet. It will pass if
you give supportive treatment long enough. To much of course is fatal.

I recommend everyone to get the Cavy Health Record from www.guinealynx.info
some at least is downloadable, the hard copy is very cheap.  It will be
wonderful if we find out that it "immunizes"against e.c. as thought in that
e.c. article Penny posted about e.c. in rabbits.  I haven't seen that even
hinted at anywhere else posted or written.  Good luck.
Sandy and Sammy