[Gpdd] HEALTH: More Hershey questions

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Wed Sep 30 20:36:56 EDT 2009

I'm sorry Joanie, I dont want to rip wounds, I want Hershey's death to be
the last of its kind, you are very  helpful with your audiology experience.
If it wasn't inner ear infection and was neurological, that's a stronger
link to e.c. The more you say the more positive I am about her having e.c.

Clearly Blobby's death was out of the blue, how can you blame yourself for
that? Piggies hide thier failing conditions.  Dont blame your care!
Vrie most likely had the disease I wrote about at length yesterday about
Isis I think. I even mentioned it's called it female piggy wasting disease,
read that, its common, and keep it, so it will help you manage your new
piggies health. It's more treatable in younger sows.

The cysts the e.c. leave are very small and would need slices of brain and
kidney prepared on microscope slides, to ID it, e.c. is a minute protozoa,
with a voracious appetite, that's why I had hoped for a necropsy, that's how
those slides are gotten, post mortem. My fault I didn't ask for it before
she died, had hoped she would make it through the weekend. I knew you
couldn't afford it, her care was very expensive

I know you worked impossibly hard with Hershey, the vets didn't tunnel down
to root causes and treat those, she got loads of supportive care and that
prolonged her life, but the basic highest probability causes weren't
treated.
this is the question I asked in the article I just posted, although I made
one more ref. to Hershey it wasn't blaming, was about necropsy.

The article I wrote just now, in response to Penny's talk with her
Rodentologists asks you a couple more questions, let me put them here, in
case you would rather not read the whole other thing  here it is:
"Joanie, if you are reading this, can you tell us if Hershey ever had
Ivermectin for mites or Panacur while she lived with you and if so was it
repeated very much ?  That would at least be our first data point. Ask your
vet if they think the bun should be tested, I gave you only my opinion not
to unless she shows active symptoms"

I too suffer from depression and fibromyalgia I know it's like. I try to
keep my mind active as a treatment for both but I know very well what you
mean.
Yours in Healing, bless Hershey running free at the bridge now where no bad
little creatures are allowed, and bless her for loving you so much.
Sandy