[Gpdd] Gpdd (Health) (Dry Skin may be related to Heart)

Ellen Garrison lola.garrison at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 11:07:31 EDT 2010

Hello everyone,

I noticed something that Penny mentioned about flakey skin of piggies.  i do
not have any answers but just wanted to say that when Gin Gin had flakey,
dandruff type skin, the exotics vet said it could be related to a heart
condition (the long heart-word that starts with "cardiomyalgia" or something
like that).  The skin was on her back and flakey.
Well, she did have a diagnosed heart condition and we were giving her
furosimide for that, which luckily she liked because it was infant-type and
tasted good.  That is the same I believe as lasix.

~Ellen

PS i have also noticed that they sometimes have a flakey spot on their
noses; one of my sows like it to be scratched and rubbed with a tiny drop of
olive oil...seems like dry skin