[Gpdd] Misc: Mourning Lily

dukejan1 at aol.com dukejan1 at aol.com
Tue Apr 6 12:25:59 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Isabel is mourning the passing of her friend Lily.  She rarely talks and really doesn't do much running during floor time.  Her appetite is very good thankfully and she is maintaining her weight.  But she was always a follower with Lily in the lead and now there's no pig to follow.  She won't even look at Luke.  Poor fellow never was much liked by Lily and Isabel, probably because of their huge age differences, he's much bigger (a LAPS pig), and he didn't/doesn't play with the girls since he's not neutered.  Because of that situation, he hasn't missed a beat since Lily crossed the Bridge.

Meanwhile, not a day goes by that I don't cry for my Lily.  But I know that I can't do anything more for her and I must do something for the piggies I have.  They get lots of attention from my husband and from me, but it's not the same as communing with their own species.  Luke is 2 1/2 years old and needs a friend (spayed sow) who I would hope could be a friend to Isabel as well.  However, Isabel is 6 years, 8 months old so I'm not sure how she would take to another pig so soon after Lily's crossing.

Any advice on whether I should adopt another pig or wait longer would be appreciated.  Since Isabel and Lily are my very first piggies, the death of a companion pig is is very uncharted territory for me.

I know I promised a tribute to Lily but I simply can't write one yet.  I still can't believe she's gone.

Thanks in advance,
Janet