[Gpdd] Introducing Two Bonded Pairs

Shauna Osteen shauna1313 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 19:26:40 EDT 2010

Hello,
I would love to know if anyone has some advise for me. I currently
have 2 bonded pairs of female guinea pigs I would like to eventually
have all in one big happy cage together. We started off with Lily and
Tara who where about 6 weeks old when we brought them home. They are
now about 10 months old or so. Last Friday we adopted two more
sisters, Willow and Maple who are about a year old. They currently
live next door to Lily and Tara in a smaller cage. I had them all
together on neutral territory this weekend for a first face to face
meeting. It started off okay, then Tara and Maple got into a pretty
bad brawl, which scared the life out of me! I was prepared with a
towel to throw over them, but Tara got some pretty good bites on her
face. I haven't tried this again in fear of a piggie getting hurt.
Poor Tara has to get her bites cleaned and treated for a couple more
days:-( If anyone has any advise or experience with a similar
situation it would be much appreciated. I really hope they can all
co-exist in one open cage, but if worse comes to worse, I will just
build bigger neighboring condos! Currently Lily and Tara have a 20
square foot cage. Thanks for reading my long post!
~Shauna

--
www.whiskedawaybakery.etsy.com
www.sweettreatsbyshauna.etsy.com