[Gpdd] [Virtual} Birthday Royale kickoff

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Wed Apr 7 10:17:20 EDT 2010

Shipwreck Sam and Beans are bent over roadmaps that show the route from
their moorage near Daytona beach to Disneyworld in Orlando, it's not that
far.  Trix the business Manager comes in and informs the two that she has
made reservations for a Caravan to transport the remaining crew of the Black
Pearl and it's passengers to the Birthday Royale for Velvet and Onyx, Spooky
and Baby Puff at the Pirates of the Caribbean exhibit at Disneyworld,
Orlando. Florida is Trix' home state and she knows it like the back of her
hand. "We will leave tomorrow" adds Trix, "by the way, this letter came for
you, Sam sir!" she slips it towards him. He grabs it a bit greedily but
pushes it into his pocket quickly.

Trix says "dont worry guys, I'll drive, I know these roads, remember our
trip overland from Tampa to Cape Canaveral?"  "Oh! Yeah!" says Sammy, "do ya
want these maps?"  "No sir, not necessary. Just so you know I have reserved
a large block of rooms at Sleeping Beauty's Castle in the Dwarves wing,
should be perfect for us" "Right on! What a great idea" says Beans, the
Blacksmith who has become such an important part of the crew in the past few
months along with Trix.

A package loosely wrapped in maroon velvet lies on table, Sammy slides it
towards himself, "Beans, Ok if I take a look, what is it?" "Sure", Beans
says as he slides off the velvet covering and opens a beautifully wrought
pair of pirate knives, intricate designs decorate the blade, woven leather
wraps the handles, and the guards are highly polished and throw off a
rainbow in the lamp light. "Wow!" Sammy says, "I wish it was my birthday,
these are super, Peaches would have really loved those too. But Velvet and
Onyx are old enough and they have worked hard serving Princess Snowflake and
learning pirate skills, so this be a fine and fitting gift for them, you
made these yourself didn't you Beans?"  Beans blushes a bit , nods, and
pulls the package back and wraps the velvet carefully and ties it with a
matching silk ribbon, "I really hope they like them"' he adds quietly. "Well
Jodie and I got a couple gymnastic outfits for Baby Puff, Jodie sews really
well, and I added some dumbbells, rubber bands, and a exercise mat, she
wants to be a gymnast and the Olympics are coming so she wants to start
training in earnest."

Trix chimes in "Well I got a gift for Spooky but I'm not telling you lot
what it is, its a surprise. Look, I was just outside and I could have sworn
I saw a rat in the rigging, I dont like rats" she says with distaste. Sammy
jumps in "No, I dont think so, anyway rats aren't scary, an what if we did
have some, he says a bit confrontationally, I like rats, ending the
exchange. He winks at Beans who gives a grin in reply.

"So what else before whee go Trix," Sammy says. "Well, I packed the
Blackberry Pearls for letters home, and water bottles for everyone, extra
rations in the Caravan, and a first aid kit with syringes for water, and
pads for little feetsies in case of blisters, that's one big park. Remember
now this party will be written by all the piggies not just us so dont butt
in all the time, Ok boys! I cant wait to see everyone, I wonder how all
those little romances that started at the wedding are coming along, so much
to learn so little time, we are going to have a wonderful time"  Sammy says
"what about the hats whee made" "Oh yes! several dozen pirate hats with mock
dreadlocks made from braided ribbons, whee wont get lost cause whee can tell
whose in our party plus name badges, just for the meet and greet" she
finishes.

"You are so efficient" says Beans with an admiring glance towards her. "Ok!
lets break and make sure the newlyweds are packed and Ellen's piggies are
all ready, I really like Angel and Sammie-Girl, but those quadruplets can be
a handful but Uncle Kaloey keeps them in line, plus I think little Sheila
has a crush on you Beans", says Sam, he slips out and off to the cabin he
shares with Beans where he pulls out the letter, he hopes against hope it's
from Jodie who has been home for a while now. He fumbles it open in his
haste, reads starting in the middle, and presently a big grin comes over his
face, "Yes! Yes! she's coming tomorrow. He sniffs at the light perfume from
the envelope with the little piggy kiss marks.  OMG! he dances a little jig,
and then seemingly floats out and back into the main cabin shouting "Jodie's
coming tomorrow, my darling is coming back!", he wipes a tear of joy from
his eye, happy again at last..........