[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE Gingerbread Piggyfriend

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 10 08:24:27 EDT 2010

Dear Penny

I have only just sat down at the computer after about a week away from it,
and have just read your email about Gingerbread. I am very sorry that she
has passed away. Her life sounds such a happy one, and how great she got to
stay with her sisters and not have to suffer the distress of being parted
from them, as many other gp's usually are. She obviously came from strong
long-lived stock, and to have been with her from birth to the end must make
her an extra-special piggy to you.

I know I have said this to you before, but I have to say it again. I am so
in admiration of the way you have taken in so many guinea pigs and loved
them all so dearly, knowing they can only ever be with you a short time.
Some gp's are ill right from the start in life and are a constant worry and
concern, whilst others just stroll through life without any issues at all. I
feel you are likely thinking what I did as I read your story, which is what
a relief that she did not have an illness and linger, but passed away
peacefully in her sleep. It's a rare occurance with a gp, I know, but I am
personally releaved for you and for Gingerbread that it was that way. Even
so, I know your heart will be breaking. A seven-year bond can not ever be
broken, and although Gingerbread is no longer with you in the physical
sense, I bet she is right nearby watching what you're doing and checking out
the new gp's.

Gingerbread can never be truly gone as I know you will never forget her. I
really am sorry she has passed, Penny, but her age and happy life are
testament to what a wonderful owner and carer of gp's you are.

Take care. C x