[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Starting to feel a little concerned...

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Mon Apr 12 13:46:13 EDT 2010

Hi Janna

I wonder if a urine test might be helpful in trying to discover if there is
anything going on with Guido that may explain some of his loss of interest
in foods. Vedra at CCT once told me that when a gp is off-colour the first
place she looks is at the urine.

Try to get him sat on a large piece of clean flat plastic or glass (be
careful of sharp edges), and wait for him to urinate. Then pour this into a
sterile sample jar for your vet to anaylise. Make sure you get the sample to
the vets as soon as you can, as its freshness is important in getting
accurate results. You may want to syringe feed Guido some water first to
hasten the urination. If you decide to let your vet take the urine, PLEASE
please be careful and do not let him/her do this by squeezing him. I have
heard of this method being done by a vet with fatal consequences.

A urine test for a gp is different from that of a cat or dog. Their specific
gravitry should be mid-scale, pH balance 8 to 8.5 and all other readings
should be NEGATIVE. I hope the above might be of use to you.

Kind regards

Carole