[Gpdd] Announcement---new to digest

becassell1 at peoplepc.com becassell1 at peoplepc.com
Sat Apr 24 19:24:28 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,
I joined the list about a week ago and got my piggie, Lulu in Sept.  She belonged to a friend of my niece and the girl wasn't able to keep her.  My niece knew I was considering a guinea pig since my apt. complex really doesn't allow cats or dogs.  (though some people have them anyway)  She asked me if I was interested so I took her.  I named her Lulu, the girl who had her hadn't named her.  My estimation on her age is that she was one year old last month.  I've read up on guinea pigs but there is still a bit of a learning curve.  I've found out she has no interest in those expensive yogurt treats...which I've now learned aren't good for them anyway.  She loves carrots and any dark green leafy veggie.  If I make loud "smooching" noises she answers me back and she can hear the sound of a plastic bag crinkling in the next county and goes wild whether there is something in it for her or not.

I am open to advice and suggestions from experienced 'piggie parents' and keeping Lulu happy and healthy.
Thanks

Benita