[Gpdd] announcent new memeber

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Wed Apr 28 09:38:00 EDT 2010

Hi Again.  We too have had trouble with containment for exercise, so many of
us have turned to "Neat Idea Cubes" usually available from Costco or Target
or others in the organization section. They are nicely finished metal grids
avail in many colors and lock in an infinite array of shapes with plastic
corners that have 4 slots each. Even some enterprising sellers make cages
out of them  using chloroplast as the bottom, scoring a border which is
turned up. They are about 12" square each and make an ideal cage at 4 long X
2 or 3 wide.  My first cage was made with an thick vinyl tablecloth on the
floor and then a whole lot of bedding on top so they never found the vinyl
to chew on. Cable ties can be used to  secure them as well, just be sure to
cut the stub off cleanly snug so there is nothing to chew on. Here is one
such eBay seller so you can pigture the idea, most of us make our own though
if you have access to a plastics store.
http://shop.ebay.com/cagecorner/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340
so to make a play area just hook together a bunch of  grids and either
disassemble completely or in sections for next time.
I have read that bunny people use these grids to wall off or bunny proof
around the edges of the whole room so their buns can run free.
this is just one idea I'm sure others have many.  Sandy and Shipwreck Sam