[Gpdd] HEALTH polycystic ovaries

A GREIG greig164 at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 29 13:52:00 EDT 2010

Does anyone know anything about this condition?  Maisie, who has been battling with urine infections for the past month was given an ultrasound and it looked like she may be developing polycystic ovaries.  Do you know if this causes her to be prone to urine infections?
The vet said that if they got really bad the treatment of choice was for her to be spayed but as she is older and not that well I am not sure if she would cope with this.
Does anyone have any experience of this?  I read about some hormone injections which might help.
Thanks
Anne, Maisie and Cinnamon
ps Maisie is nearly 4.  Her sister Kiaroo died suddenly through the night in December and her new cage-mate Cinnamon is a young guinea pig who has been very nice to her through the times she has been feeling poorly