[Gpdd] HEALTH- Mimi's feet

Janna Hoskin janna at thehoskincentre.com
Fri Apr 30 22:37:45 EDT 2010

I have seen this with some of my piggies, oddly it is often the females who
develop it. The skin tag is dead, dry skin that (for whatever reason)
doesn't shed properly (or something). I have always just trimmed it off when
trimming the piggy's nails. I did some reading when I first found that one
of my girls had developed it, and found that nobody is 100% sure on what
causes it. I tried some of the ideas (things like ensuring the cage is
always clean and dry or moisturizing the foot with aloe), but they didn't
make it stop.

They generally aren't uncomfortable, but they don't like having the tags
played with. Don't pull on it, and make sure you don't trim too close to the
live tissue on the foot, and you should be okay.

-Janna & Guido

"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be
normal." Albert Camus
"I want to remake the world; anything less is not worth the trouble." Karen
Cushman