[Gpdd] Care: Weird Wheeking!

deb ganley dganley at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Aug 3 01:05:50 EDT 2010

We had a huge thnderstorm tonight here in Florida, complete with lightening. That's not unusual for us during the summer--it happens every day or evening since this is our rainy season.  Last night's storm was much worse--lightening struck a telephone pole & knocked it over.  None of this weather has ever bothered my 4 girls.  Tonight was totally different. My teenage daughter, Colleen, had some friends over during the storm & we all suddenly heard a bird-call--I thought it was coming from outside the house, the kids figured out it was coming from inside the house & thought a bird flew in when they came inside.  It seemed to be coming from all over the house! Colleen finally figured out it was Winnie--she was in a pigloo, seemed scared & was making those bird-like wheeking sounds.  Colleen brought her over to me & Winnie was terrified--stuck her head under my chin & snuggled for all she was worth--dug her nails into my shoulder, etc--she was really freaking out!  The storm didn't bother my other 3 girls & has never affected any of my other girls--this is the first time Winnie reacted also.  Any ideas?  I've heard of the pig-song phenomina, but I don't think this was it.  Any ideas?  Winnie is fine now.  Deb, Winnie, Lily, Bella & Tink