[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Isabel has crossed over

dukejan1 at aol.com dukejan1 at aol.com
Tue Aug 10 19:38:36 EDT 2010

I'm just devastated to report that we lost our precious Isabel on Monday evening, only one day after her 7th birthday.

Her liver readings were slightly elevated in mid-July.  She had lost some weight and was slowing down a bit. We attributed the weight loss to her first ever molar trim last month.

Yesterday morning I took her in for an ultrasound to try to determine how badly the liver might be damaged or whether there was a tumor.  The liver was damaged, but no mass was found, so we prepared for palliative care.  Unfortunately, Isabel went into cardiac arrest late in the afternoon while at the vet.  My husband and I were able to sit with her, but only pet her briefly and talk to her outside of her oxygen tent.  About two hours later, Isabel stretched briefly, moved onto her side, and went to sleep for the final time very peacefully.

Isabel followed the same pattern as did Lily earlier this year.  Celebrate the 7th B-day with Mommy and Dad and then cross the Bridge.  Isabel was a fantastic little piggy and we grieve her loss.  It was an honor to have raised and loved her since we first adopted her at the age of two months.  She was the first guinea pig I ever had.

Rest well sweet Isabel, and happily munch the Rainbow Bridge grass with your sister Lily while you wait for us on the other side.  In the meantime, Mommy and Dad will try to remember that it is better to have loved the ones we miss rather than to have missed loving them.

With great sorrow,
Janet, along with little Luke (Isabel and Lily always in our hearts)