[Gpdd] Health; Spooky update

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Fri Aug 20 22:52:12 EDT 2010

Hi     Oils are a treatment sometimes used to help move along a stuck mass
of food that may be giving off gas but not passing from the gut itself, I
believe that petroleum based products should not be used for this, and M
chose a food oil instead. I think she was very smart. As I recall Spooky's
x-rays showed no mass but he didn't improve like his brother agent.
Apparently a small mass or something was hiding in there or something was
stuck. So casting about for additional treatments to try, his slave found a
couple of preparations that used petroleum products for the lubrication like
mineral oil, paraffin etc. Anything made from dead dinosaurs and ancient
forests does not belong in piggy or human bodies, in my opinion except in
rare circumstances (there are legitimate meds made from oil products), and
the sooner we can stop using them to heat our homes and run our cars the
better for us all and mother Earth.

 So Spooky's clever slave, still seeing no improvement in her baby boy, cast
about and decided on olive oil instead of petroleum products. Oils are not
usually fed to piggies but in this case it lubricated a mass that was hiding
from the vets and its application worked, it was used medicinally.  It
apparently either allowed the mass to pass or helped it break up and pass,
and Spooky has improved as a result. Sometimes it's just not clear what's
causing distress to a piggy and a vet or a parent just has to think through
an issue for themselves, do some study, consult with friends and GPDDers and
make a decision. And it worked. When a piggy illness wont play by the book
you have to get past the hype that some companies will use, like these piggy
food companies that put in colored bits and seeds, some add cheap additives
to pellets, those plastic balls with pix of piggies on them marketed at
piggy people but not suitable for piggies. The same with some meds, some for
people some for piggies or other pets, they make claims but may do more hurt
than help.

So I believe Spooky's slave made a very smart choice under the circumstances
and it worked, hats off to M, congrats and carrot juice all around.  Oils
can sometimes be administered rectally if an impaction is present as well.

For those of you in the US who may watch Dr. Oz during the day, he
recommends against petroleum products in many people products, most recently
cosmetics like lip gloss that has Vaseline in it but is often licked off and
ends up swallowed. He feels it's dangerous.
Sandy and Sammy.