[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Hope

ME me at buddies.org
Tue Aug 24 01:34:44 EDT 2010

Joanie, Jamie, Joanne, Jean, Glynis, Penny, M Fug, and Carole, I want to thank everyone for your thoughts about Hope.  It's strange, I haven't cried for Hope at all ... not even when I found her gone.  I'm sad and I miss her, but I guess I've just put all my focus and effort on Harmony and Providence.  It does look like Providence's UTI is gone ... I've stopped antibiotics, but I'm still giving her cranberry.  I think I'm going to lose Harmony.  I don't know if I should take her to the vet again ... she's been there twice in less than two months and he doesn't know what's wrong.  She goes downhill for 5-7 days after she goes to the vet because of stress.

It's hard not to blame myself for the past year ... all the "what ifs" ... especially when I didn't catch the early signs of weight loss ... well, I noticed them, but hindsight told me I should have taken them out of observation mode earlier ... but then, they were only slightly out of their normal range before I decided to do something.

Sometimes I think I should go back to just having one or two piggies ... but I just love having a herd.  Right now four seems so small ... but I think I'm going to wait another year before adding any new pigs ... or I'll have a bunch of old piggies at one time.  I tried to space these ones out age-wise, but the problem came that two were over 6, one was over 4, and one surprised me when she was just over 3.