[Gpdd] Care: Warm Weather

ME me at buddies.org
Tue Aug 24 01:57:04 EDT 2010

Ellen, I'm not sure what post you're referring to about Li'l Guy ... I've been occupied with other things, so I must have missed it.  But I would suspect that it probably wasn't heat stroke ... he wasn't in the sun and he had water ... it was probably just Li'l Guy's time.  He was an older pig.  I've held pigs who started convulsing in my arms ... ones I knew were on their way out because they had stopped eating and wanted me to hold them for those final minutes ... it's just part of the process.  I'm sorry you had that experience ... it is shocking to see ... and the feelings of helplessness that you feel.  All you can do in a situation like that is hold them and tell them it's okay for them to leave if they must.