[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] Sandy and Sammy welcome back

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Sun Dec 5 15:30:14 EST 2010

Dear Sandy and Sammy,
I am happy you are back on the GPDD. Your great  stories and fantastic
advice has been dearly missed. I have been so busy seeing piggys at the
vets office I hardly have time to read the digest. I am also on 24 hour
call. Today is Sunday and I had a cavy emergency and a cavy client that
I see every 2 weeks. I did not get to eat breakfast until 12:45pm. I
hope to find time to catch up with all the news.I still have not read my
snail mail from when I was in Bermuda. Speaking of Bermuda the first day
there the vet called and said he had an emergency case of a male cavy
with a stone in the urethra and the client refusing surgery until I
returned in 2 weeks. To make a long story short I called the client from
Bermuda and told her her piggy would not survive 2 weeks. I called Vedra
at the Cambridge Cavy Trust to get some pointers on doing surgery on a
6.5 year old cavy who had stone surgery one year ago. I then called the
vet and dictated the surgical and anesthetic protocol. Surgery took 1.5
hours and the cavy was eating lettuce on the surgical table when he woke
up from the anesthesia. He is doing great. That was the 18th of November.

Cheers,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA.