[Gpdd] MISC Welcome Dianne and piggies

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat Dec 18 09:15:14 EST 2010

A very belated welcome to our newest member Dianne and her piggies, Poppy and Speedy.

My name is Penny and I have a little piggy rescue/sanctuary in England. I take in unwanted piggies but never rehome them so I usually have between 20 and 30 piggies at any one time.

My sows live in groups with a neutered male if one comes in and my boars live in pairs. Although they usually arrive as singletons, most boars can be paired up with a new friend. Sometimes I have a father and son or two brothers together but they are usually unrelated and, given a careful introduction, most of then pair off very happily. Piggies love company and in the very cold weather that we have in England right now, they are pleased to have a companion with whom to snuggle.

There are usually a lot of posts in the Digest but, following a lot of trouble with the server, things have thinned out considerably. It was down completely for a while and we all had to resubscribe. Hopefully it will soon get back to normal and you will be able to enjoy being a part of this very friendly group of piggy lovers.

Off to shovel some more snow.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.