[Gpdd] MISC Re: Merry Pigmas Everyone

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Dec 22 09:45:47 EST 2010

Hi Joanne and Jaime,

I am pleased that you enjoyed my silly song.

I always sing to the piggies when I am cleaning pens. This is not as scary
as it may appear - I used to belong to a choir!

I make up songs using real tunes and change the words into something piggy
related. So at this time of year, carols and traditional songs get
"piggyfied" and "Away in a manger" became the basis of my piggy song for
this year. Therefore, the words are mine but someone else wrote the tune.

I also parodied another carol to be " Deck the halls with grass and cauli "
but did not relish typing out all of those tra la las. If I can't come up
with something better, that might be next year's Pigmas song.

Other songs that have been pigged include "We are sailing" ( the old Rod
Stewart song for those old enough to remember ) which is now  "We are eating
" and has many verses covering all the things that piggies like, especially
those which will make a rhyme. I love the Pet Shop Boys and their "West End
Girls" was the inspiration for " East End Boars and West End Sows". There
are many others, which get made up as I clean.

Overseas members may not know these UK songs but you get the idea. Am I mad?
Definitely!

Penny and the Piggyfriends, relieved that a tiny bit of grass is showing
through all of that snow, although more snow is forecast for tomorrow. Yuk!