[Gpdd] HEALTH. Jodie

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Dec 22 15:17:13 EST 2010

Whoops! In my haste to reply to Dee, I forgot to cc it to the GPDD. Here is my message again.

--------------

Dee,

I am so sorry to read that Jodie is unwell. If her breathing is bad, it
would not hurt to administer the Lasix anyway. If she doesn't need it no
harm is done but if she has an underlying heart problem, Lasix can be a
lifesaver.

You can help her breathing by having her inhale dissolved Menthol crystals
and by putting some Vick on her nostrils and paws ( so that she still
inhales it when she is laying down ). An anti-inflammatory could help too.

I would also be giving Bisolvon to help with breathing, a painkiller ( here
we have children's Nurofen ) and a decongestant (children's Sudafed ).

All the names and doses will be different in other countries so I won't make
any recommendations - only keep fingers and paws cossed for her recovery.

On a lighter note, I loved your "Wheeking pigs' song". Anyone else going to
write a silly song?

Good luck with Jodie,

Penny and the Piggyfriends