[Gpdd] [Misc] New slave to laundry

scalabro3 at cfl.rr.com scalabro3 at cfl.rr.com
Thu Dec 23 11:59:09 EST 2010

Last month, Ellen posted about being "no longer a slave to laundry". Now I am a new slave to laundry.
We just bought fleece for the entire collective, and my husband got me an early Christmas present,
a used washer in great condition to be used exclusively for pig laundry.  Now my guys have nice fleece lined pens,
and we don't have hay and Chakalaka hair all over our clothes (Chakalaka is a Sheltie with long white hair that sticks to EVERYTHING).

So far, it's a lot more work than shredding up the newspaper, but it seems to be keeping them a bit cleaner and drier.
I got the fleece from a place called Sleepy Paws. It's sort of like vet bed with the non-slip back. It seems to be
holding up pretty well, and the company is in the US, so I don't have to pay the high shipping charges that I would for actual vetbed in the UK.

The only downside so far is that it must be changed every day, and Twinkie has managed to take a chunk out of the corner of one of the pieces of fleece (so much for chew-proof!)  Remarkably, it has also helped with my allergies. While I'm not allergic to the piggies, I am allergic to dust and hay. Switching to the fleece seems to have helped in that way.

So, now I'm a slave to eight piggies and laundry...not a bad life!

ME in New Smyrna Beach with the Cavy Collective