[Gpdd] Health: Jodie

Bunsnpigs bunsnpigs at aol.com
Sat Dec 25 16:06:27 EST 2010

Dee,  if her lips, tips of feet are bluish and she is heaving back and forth, yes, she is not getting enough oxygen.  She could use a bronchodilator and even some time in an oxygen setup to give her lungs a break.  I hope you can get her back to the vet soon because she needs additional care.  Are you located in Boston?  I can't remember.

My vet told me that Lasix really doesn't work well until after 3 days!  I think she is correct and that is why when it is urgent and doesn't help right away, it can be very frustrating.  You also can up the dose but you have to be able to balance that with fluids or it can cause severe dehydration.  Good luck with your little girl.  Big hugs to all of you.

Judi L.