[Gpdd] Health: Jodie

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Sun Dec 26 06:43:55 EST 2010

?Dearest Dee,

 I am not seeing your messages, I am a individual message receiver and since
I was getting some I thought I was finally getting all but I saw Judi's post
not yours.

About Lasix, it's named Lasix because it lasts 6 hours, see,  it's made up
out of those 2 words "Lasts six" so I don't know why a vet would say it
doesn't work for three days, unless they give such a tiny dose that enough
water isn't pumped out by the kidneys until 3 days have passed, but this
would be a dosage issue not a Lasix issue, and his caution may be very bad
for Miss Jodie, but I completely understand why they may be this cautious as
over pumping does dehydrate which can kill.  When I take Lasix, which I
haven't for many years, one of my mothers pills would start me peeing in 20
minutes and I would virtually have to sit on the toilet for 6 hours. It
works immediately, however vets may under prescribe it for safety reasons,
but I am guessing.  if our fine lady is bluish, unless you have a miracle
vet I think her vet trip may be her last, she is in extremis.

 If they offer her oxygen don't let them put her in a large oxygen "pen"
meant for dogs or cats, get her on a mask and keep her on a mask while they
put her in a large shoebox size thing that delivers oxygen, the big ones
take forever too get enough oxygen in them, then when they open the door it
rushes out and you have to start over getting the O2 percent high enough to
help.  At  this point, knowing her age and condition, I would gently offer
enough pure opiate to let her drift off, with piggies however I have never
found a dosage high enough to do this, they just become pain ]free and
giggle allot until they pass naturally. By big dose I mean 10 mg which is
enough to make people pain free just makes piggies high. You need to find a
source that has no additive like acetaminophen or Advil (ibuprofen) as it
will kill their kidneys or liver depending on which one you use, and that's
a bummer if the miracle cure comes.  Whether a hi dosage or a pain killing
dose I think Miss Jodie needs pain meds if she isn't on them already

Let her say goodbye to her sister pigs  and mates now,. Judi if you think
she can be saved please continue
Dee I am so sorry to have this opinion, please remember I am far away, I'm
sending a copy to Ann Evans for her input
Jodie, whee love you
Sandy and Sammy