[Gpdd] HEALTH: Jodie

Dee and Joe joedee1986 at verizon.net
Mon Dec 27 18:03:29 EST 2010

An update on Jodie,

The Lasix seems to be helping her.  She is moving around more and eating and
drinking more, too.

Her breathing is better and her color is more pinkish..

I stopped the Baytril as it didn't seem to be helping.  I am giving her 0.1.5 ml
lasix am and pm.

The vet and I think it is heart/lung related and not pneumonia.
We couldn't see her heart on the xray because her lungs where so congested.

I think it will be a chronic problem, but hopefully she can live with it for
awhile.
She doesn't seem to be suffering any pain.  We have a trip planned to visit
family in NJ
this Wednesday and will take her with us.  Our pet sitter will take care of Zoe
and June.

We will have another visit with the vet when we get back after New Year's.  I
will check in with him tomorrow
before we go.

I can't thank you all enough for the wonderful and caring emails about
Jodie.  They are helping me get through

this and offering much needed advice.  There is much excellent info on heart
disease on guinealynx.com.
Joe and I are up and down with hope.  Thinking she will be okay one minute and
thinking she will leave us the next.

I get up and check her during the night.  It is very stressful as you all know.

I will keep you all up to date on her progress.

Love you all,
Dee