[Gpdd] [HEALTH] OPPS!! worming

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Fri Dec 31 13:23:17 EST 2010

Dear GPDD Family,
  I believe one of our members sent me a private email on the 30th of
December titled Worming. I mistakenly deleted it before even reading it.
Please resend the email. I am also open to anyone who has questions
about worming their piggys. I worm my piggys every 3 months and also
give them anti-parasitic baths at least every other month. I take hair
samples and skin samples using clear tape and put them on a slide and
examine them under a microscope for parasites. My piggys arrive at
Piggyville often sufferi8ng from multiple parasitic and fungal
infections. After they are treated, I have never found a parasite.
On the other hand, I do a lot of necropsies of cavies since I volunteer
at a vet hospital. I have seen parasites and parasitic damage in the
heart, lungs, liver, pancreas, gi-tract, and skin, just to name a few
sites. I am all for preventative medicine. Worming is the best thing you
can do for your cavy. This is just my opinion.

Cheers,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA.