[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Thanks from Audrey's Mum

pat schuett bunzella at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 2 17:10:30 EST 2010

Thank you so much to all the kind people who wrote me, sharing their sadness over Audrey's passing.  It really does feel better to know that there are others who are also mourning for my little girl and truly do know how I am feeling.

Doris was much more chipper last night and came out to visit the other two girls; I sat down on the floor in the midst of the three of them, Doris on the loose and the other two in their cages, and fed chunks of pepper to each of them in turn.  It was comforting to see them all happily munching away.  The new girlie, formerly Portia/Carolyn/Desiree has now revealed her name to me, which is Apple --- though she has also already gained an extra nickname, Fang, due to her habit of giving my toe a sharp bite if she comes across a bare foot while she is out and about.

I think this weekend, I will rearrange the guinea pig room so that Doris and Olivia's cages can be side by side, and see what the response is.  At least they will be able to visit through the bars during the day, and if things go really well, I may try letting them out for floor time together and see how that goes.

Again, my very heartfelt thanks --- I am responding to everyone who wrote, one by one, but that will take a while ---

                                                                                         Pat S.