[Gpdd] MISC.: Awww moments

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 5 13:08:33 EST 2010

Puff had her first successful floortime yesterday. I sat in the middle of the pen and watched her zooming and popcorning in circles around me, climbing on my feet and nibbling my toes. This time it wasn't about finding food then hiding, it was about exploration and unfettered joy and trust. Finally tired, she hunkered against me and sang that sweet, gurgle-song that Hershey used to do during lap time. I'm told by my husband that she was singing that same song at dawn this morning. He calls it "twirling." And, yes, the cage is on my dresser in the bedroom. She has her C&C cage in the livingroom, which is still a hidey place for her (she's not comfortable there yet, but we're trying). Puff really does prefer to be in the same room as me. I spend a lot of time writing and reading on my bed, and she's such good company. I'm guessing it's mutual.

You know, things can get quite sad on the GPDD. It sure would be neat if we could share more "Awww Moments" to remind ourselves of the joy these creatures bring. The photos and videos have been great mood-lifters, and I must say the new piggies making their debuts are exceptionally cuddly looking, even if they don't know how yet. They pack a lot of life in their few years, and I want to celebrate every moment!

Joanie