[Gpdd] MISC: Blossom and Baby Truffles = true love

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 8 15:04:57 EST 2010

The pet store we frequented had a lot of white piggies.  Three seemed to be 'with pig.'  One, in particular had the cutest face.  But all I could think about was if she had five babies, I'd be keeping all five!  So I left the decision up to Michael.  The next day, I waited for him to come home from work and there he was, holding a little box!  I excitedly said, you got her??  He smiled and that's when we welcomed Blossom into our humble home.  Two and a half days later as I was about to go to sleep (back then I slept during the day and stayed up all night) I heard strange sounds coming from Blossom's covered with blankets (like drapes) pen.  I gently picked up a corner of a blanket to find a fuzzy, wobbly on its feet brown and white fluffy little piggie!  I gently lowered the blanket, thought about it, then gently lifted the corner of the blanket again, and there it still was.  I sat back and thought about it since Blossom was all white with
 smooth fur.  Michael was on his way to work, stuck in traffic.  After looking a little further, I saw a tiny brown and white smooth haired piggie in the corner.  I slowly reached in but Blossom got between me and the baby so I said as soothingly as I could, okay, okay, I won't touch your baby.  She had already cleaned the baby and she kept nudging it.  My heart just broke.  Later, when Michael came home, he removed the body.  I looked at this perfectly formed little baby that we named Star and wondered why it was stillborn.  Blossom was the perfect mother, taking care of her two babies.  We were thrilled that Baby Truffles was a female so that they could be housed together.

Over the next four years and almost two months, I would laugh at their antics and declare repeatedly how they were more entertaining than tv.  Blossom let Baby Truffles get away with nearly everything.  Sometimes I'd hear grumbling so I'd look at them and sure enough, Blossom would be content in her cozy and here comes Baby Truffles, wow! what a nice comfy bed! she'd think as she plopped down on top of this most comfortable of cozies.  Sure grumbles a lot but it sure is comfy!

Blossom had the cutest smile on earth.  Whenever I saw her smile, I'd smile and my day was suddenly all right.  Baby Truffles had such a mug, I'd forever say, look at that mug!  She knew she was cuuuute! and used it to her advantage!  All she'd have to do was show us her 'fluffy cheeks' and little mug, and she could get away with anything with us.

I loved Blossom's nickname of 'mompig' and just adored her.  She was always somewhat skittish but once you held her, she was a warm, soft little snugglebuns.

Since Baby Truffles was born to us via Blossom, she was one hundred percent OURS.  She was OUR BABY.  All our furbabies are our babies, but Baby Truffles had the distinction of being ours from the second she was born.  Every single time she was picked up, she'd talk to you.  Always.

Why 'Baby' Truffles?  I figured, as I got older, and I'd get even more forgetful, whenever I would think, now, what was the name of that baby piggie born to us? then all I'd have to remember is her name, BABY Truffles!

I can't imagine life without 'my two.'  Blossom with her special smile and Baby Truffles with her little mug.  Life without them isn't much of a life.

(My most humblest of apologies to Blossom and Baby Truffles for the lateness of this posting.  I couldn't post because I thought, if I do, that means that they are truly gone.  And I haven't been able to accept that.  At first I couldn't decide on whether to make a separate posting for each but then I thought, they're mompig and baby, like it or not, they're connected.  Yes, they are two very different piggies, but they are connected in the best way possible, true love.)

Missing my sweet, adorable babies, my mompig, Blossom, and her little girl, my Baby Truffles --  I love you with all my heart and wish I could hold and cuddle and kiss you just one more time.....well, even that wouldn't be enough -- your human mommy, Corrine