[Gpdd] MISC: Sparkles misses Blossom and Baby Truffles

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 8 15:25:27 EST 2010

My apologies, but I am behind on the digests.  I am slowly reading them when I can.  So I am behind on anything happening.

A few days ago, Sparkles, who used to socialize with Blossom and Baby Truffles, her pen is next to theirs and she loved to watch them, was within my view and I saw her slowly walk to the side of her pen that was near to Blossom and Baby Truffles' pen.  Now there are two wooden boxes sitting in the pen.  She just stood there and looked into their pen, for at least a good five minutes or so.  During this time, my heart was just breaking and I nearly broke into tears.  Then, she slowly walked to the opposite side of her pen and lay down.  I slowly walked to her, petted her on the head and said softly to her, I know.  I miss them too.

After Blossom, then less then two weeks later, Baby Truffles, 'left', I was worried about Sparkles because they used to all socialize together during floor time.  She did scare me a lot at first, because she didn't eat that much.  Her bowl wouldn't be touched that much.  She would even leave fresh food, something that she always used to eat like there was no tomorrow.

Then Michael began to take her into another room, put her on the floor and arrange overturned cardboard boxes all over.  Sparkles loves to run from box to box or to see if she can 'sneak' past Michael as he lays on the floor by her.  So even though her home has remained similar, we've tried to change her play time.  We now try to play with her.  So far, she's okay, but we know she misses Blossom and Baby Truffles just as much as we do.

I finally saw a psychiatrist but he spent most of the time trying to talk me into taking meds even though I said I didn't want to.  I'm still unsure about it since this was my first session, it was spent learning my background and trying to convince me to take medication.  Time will tell if this helps me or not.

Thanks for listening.

Corrine